2009 YZ450 hard to get into neutral??????

2 replies to this topic
  • bw234

Posted October 25, 2009 - 08:46 PM

I am new to the blue. I just picked up a brand new 09 yz450. It takes forever to find neutral running or not. I have 2 minutes of ride time on it. Checked oil, clutch adjustment all good. This is my 20th bike in the past 10yrs. First blue one. Never had issues with other bikes. Any suggestions before I try to return it. Also, when the bike is running, there is a rough sounding noise with a vibration coming from the clutch. The noise and vibration go away when I pull in the clutch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 25, 2009 - 09:12 PM

http://www.thumperta...282#post5362282

• Kronlundace

Posted October 26, 2009 - 05:53 PM

I have about 10 hours on my 2009, and I noticed both those things as well. Netural is better to find now, I think because I'm getting use to it. I really like the fact that I have never found it when riding. I'll take that over a little patience with finding neutral.

After about 2 hours on the bike the vibration sounds had just about gone away or was a lot less frequent. I cant actually remember now when the last time I heard it. I put 3 hours on it this weekend and didn't notice it at all.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.