Cams

7 replies to this topic
  • unclemd

Posted October 23, 2009 - 12:27 PM

[COLOR=black]Just ordered a set of hot cams for my 07 WR450F ([/COLOR][COLOR=black]4023-1IN and 4044-IE ) I spend my time riding with my friend who rides a 05 KTM 525 SX which hauls like a freight train. I know the bikes are in different classes but i'm just trying to let my bike enter on a little more level playing field. All free mods are done spark arrestor is pulled as well as the baffle with the pea shooter in it. The end cap is on the bike. Will my WR be too restricted to see any gain from my hot cams? I would like to keep my stock exhaust to make my bike look stock without any mods. The bike is also plated and used for on road as well will the bike be street able with hot cams in? [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 23, 2009 - 01:05 PM

[COLOR=black][/COLOR][COLOR=black]Will my WR be too restricted to see any gain from my hot cams? I would like to keep my stock exhaust to make my bike look stock without any mods.[/COLOR]

Im sure you will a gain but NOTHING compared to if it was fully piped :bonk:

• erickdj

Posted October 23, 2009 - 01:23 PM

Im sure you will a gain but NOTHING compared to if it was fully piped :bonk:

Exactly, the cams will help a bit with the power, but your bike will be held back tremendously by the stock exhaust. Throw a full 06 yz450f OEM exhaust on it and hang on!

If you do the hotcams, cut grey wire, airbox snorkel removal, full yz or aftermarket exhaust, and re-jet accordingly, there's no reason it can't run with that ktm all day long. If you were willing to spend the $$$ on hotcams, at least get a used 06 yz OEM exhaust off ebay.

• unclemd

Posted October 23, 2009 - 01:35 PM

Will a 2009 yz 450f exhaust perform as well as the 2006 model exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ASternad

Posted October 24, 2009 - 06:32 AM

I have the 09 YZ exhaust on my 09 WR, Night and day performance change.
The 09 has the shorty muffler, I like the looks of the shorty. I have read that a 06 muffler is slightly quieter. The Header is the big thing you need, after that you can upgrade the muffler with any YZ can option.

• unclemd

Posted October 24, 2009 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the response just looking around ebay and seems i can gett the lexx mxe slip on for $170 i could run that for now and hide my cam upgrade from my friends. Will i be able to install a fmf megabomb/powerbomb header with the lexx pipe in the future will it fit with he lexx silencer and what is your opinion?

• unclemd

Posted October 24, 2009 - 05:15 PM

Well i just ordered the Lexx pipe now just looking around to get a yz header or a fmf powerbomb header hopefully this setup will compliment my hot cams well and give me a good increase throughout the power curve.

• ASternad

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:37 PM

Ebay & TT classifieds are a good source for YZ headers.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.