I'm so relieved.

• sic

Posted October 22, 2009 - 04:44 PM

he made the new 450 look like a vintage 426 out there. :bonk:

Sic...

• hillclimbguy

Posted October 22, 2009 - 08:42 PM

Jimmy who?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 23, 2009 - 05:15 AM

Hmmmm, finally a bike he can't seem find anything to bitch about....he does mention that this bike will change the way riders ride MX...this is interesting coming out of his mouth, and the bike just looked planted everywhere on that bumpy track, that was my takeaway of the yami vid.
Then I watched the KTM DR test Video (on the side bar)....I did not think it was stellar by any means. If fact watching both the bikes being riddin on a track, I thought the KTM rear end kicked more and looked more like a pogo stick....than the yami. It may have more power but power without the total package ain't the winning formula anymore. It is the overall product and I think this is the best Yami and the best KTM 450 to date...but they both are too expensive, up to $9500 clams...fogetaboutit! ....in a dirtbike market of "crap resale" these bikes first year depreciation will be about 35-40% or possibly higher depending on geography and that is just a lot of pain.:bonk:
No wonder Yami will only allocate 1-2 per dealers....KTM will probably be close to the same....New bike prices will surely not help the MX industry here this year or anytime soon....a great time to buy a used bike though:bonk:

• clutchless

Posted October 23, 2009 - 08:08 AM

at this point i don't care about first impression rides. i am more interested in long term testing, issues, and things you have to change on the bike from stock.

like most people, i'm going to wait for the 2011, or 2012. let them work out the bugs and really fine tune the bike. I have no desire to be a beta tester/guinea pig for yamaha this season.

as the previous poster said, my bike has depreciated so much at this point that it is worth keeping for a couple more years vs taking on 9000.00 worth of payments for 2 years.

• Luv2crash

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:32 AM

Jimmy does seem pretty critical, esp compared to many other editors/mags, but i believe thats a good thing so when he really says something works it makes it more credible. I'm interested in the stabilitey esp since the steering is said to be light.

• Wiz636

Posted October 24, 2009 - 07:34 AM

From his description of how the suspension works it sounds like the work of DaveJ at SPI.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 25, 2009 - 01:41 PM

I f the suspension is that good like they say and the forks also.......may not have to get it redone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.