426 mileage on stock tank?

3 replies to this topic
  • Old_604

Posted October 21, 2009 - 04:54 PM

Just curious if anyone has an idea. I've never had the chance to really pay attention to it and going for a bigger loop on Monday and wanted to know if I should carry more gas.
Stock tank.
I'm not a revv'r to the moon kind of rider. :bonk:
Terrain is about 50/50 singletrack/fireroad.

Loop is just shy of 50miles.

Bring extra gas or not.....that is the question....:bonk:

BTW: My KTM randomly stopped working last week while ripping up a long hill and have yet to figure out the cause. Been tinkering all week to no avail.

So I decide last night to get the ol Yami ready for action.
Uh oh....8month + old gas....frick....didn't drain the carb before parking her either.
Four kicks with the decompression lever pulled, bring kicker up, pull decomp lever, push ever so slightly, bring kicker back up (oh hell this aint gonna work, but I'll try anyway) full swift kick and BRAAAAAPPPAPAPPAAPPA....the damn thing fired right up!:bonk::bonk:how in the hell.....this is the bike I don't spend any love on, and she keeps coming back for more. Ding dang Yami just keeps chugging right along. Sweet! :banana:Now I get to ride:ride: on Monday instead of looking at the broken pumkin!:bonk:

• pigpen966

Posted October 21, 2009 - 05:19 PM

I get about 45-50 out of my 04.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted October 21, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Without knowing how much you weigh, if you're a smooth rider or how hilly/sandy/muddy it is, I would be ready to take it easy the entire 49 miles.

If it's convenient, pack along a quart or two. Dump it in halfway and get the little bit of mass off your back. Walking in boots sucks! :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted October 21, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Walking in (riding) boots sucks! :bonk:

It's safe to figure 20, perhaps 25 mpg, most of the time.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.