Lee Marvin/Keenan Wynn Hare Hound Trivia Q

4 replies to this topic
  • gottaroost

Posted April 21, 2003 - 06:47 AM

Quite sometime ago I was up too early one morning and caught the tail end of a 1950's or 60's film clip on AMC or Turner featuring Lee Marvin and Keenan Wynn in a Hare and Hound I believe from Barstow to Vegas if memory serves.

It was not a movie, but more of a short documentary following the actors as they attempted this race--I remember Keenan did not finish but not sure if Lee did.

By the time I snapped it was too late to load a blank tape to bootleg it. I never seen that film featured ever again.

Is anyone familiar with this? Maybe know where a copy can be had? It was some true vintage noir.

• yamaharichey

Posted April 21, 2003 - 07:15 AM

Wasn't that part of the orignal On Any Sunday movie? If it shows Lee Marvin trying to look cool with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth then I think thats where its from.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 21, 2003 - 08:09 AM

Do a search at IMDB (Internet movie data base), you might find some info there.

• gottaroost

Posted April 21, 2003 - 08:35 AM

I will keep hunting around unless some documentary buff comes up with it. It was not a part of On Any Sunday but seems like it would have fit right in.

• Spokes

Posted April 21, 2003 - 09:18 AM

There's some reference to them in On Any Sunday II.

I've got the movie on tape. (It's not really very good and I haven't watched it in a while.)

They showed several old clips that at least were supposed to be from a newsreal. I think it was the Catalina GP, they were documenting.

And then, I may not have a clue.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.