WR 450 '03 and '04 Crankshaft

3 replies to this topic
  • dazzabb

Posted October 21, 2009 - 06:45 AM

Fella's,

Are these two parts interchangeable?

Seem to remember reading about some woodruff failures on 03 models, did anything change on the 04?

Buddy in Thailand needs new conrod/bearings but likely cheaper to get a crank.

• PBDBLUE

Posted October 21, 2009 - 07:50 AM

03 and 04 have different flywheel tapers and diameters. You can use one or the other but you have to have the matching flywheel to go with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted October 21, 2009 - 05:17 PM

03 and 04 have different flywheel tapers and diameters. You can use one or the other but you have to have the matching flywheel to go with it.

Excellent info, thanks PBDBlue, you've saved me a lot of time and frustration!

• PBDBLUE

Posted October 21, 2009 - 06:48 PM

Excellent info, thanks PBDBlue, you've saved me a lot of time and frustration!

No problem. I went through this same decision when I rebuilt my '03. I decided to stick with the '03 crank since I already had the flywheel. The keyway problem was resolved with the '04 starter drive upgrade which I highly recommend doing. Once the upgrade is done you will not have a problem with either crank.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.