How to tell what chain I have?

3 replies to this topic
  • bigt2317

Posted October 20, 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'm doing some maintenance on my '07 WR450 and want to remove and clean the chain good. The chain on it is a DID with a rivit master link, & I want to swap it over to a clip style, how can I tell what type chain I have so I can order a clip master link. I get confused with all the 520, 525, etc. Is there numbers on it or do I have to measure it or what?

Thanks,
Travis

• YZEtc

Posted October 21, 2009 - 02:52 AM

Your bike came with a DID 520VM chain.
That's a good chain, too. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted October 21, 2009 - 12:56 PM

Yep. That's what my '08 came with. You can punch out the peened mlink and replace it with a DID 520 X-RING master link.

Edited by PBDBLUE, October 21, 2009 - 06:42 PM.

• bigt2317

Posted October 21, 2009 - 06:20 PM

Perfect! Thanks guys. I cleaned it up good and looked on the back side and it did say 520. I never messed with a chain before so I asked, thanks for your help!!

Travis

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.