what tire pressure are YOU running ?

8 replies to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted March 31, 2001 - 09:40 PM

I've been running 13/13
and the front seems to be hitting rim on rocks and the rear is slipping on the hard flat roads (i should probably stay off the gas)

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 01, 2001 - 02:48 AM

rocks - 18# front, 15# back. Rims are too expensive and fixing flats sucks.

Better safe than sorry, and better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Traction will suffer, so adjust your speed accordingly.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 04-01-2001).]

• BULLDOG

Posted April 01, 2001 - 07:49 AM

I've been running 15 both front and rear. Have run as much as 18 with my old dunlop rear tire. i have a harder compound Bridgestone ont he rear now so 15 has worked well. Its a matter of preference I suppose.

------------------
It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

• Dougie

Posted April 01, 2001 - 12:26 PM

16 on the trails, 18 on the rocks and 14 at a track

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BULLDOG

Posted April 01, 2001 - 01:59 PM

I lied! I added some air to the rear due to washing out. 17lbs seems to be the magic number for me today. But it changes every weekend.

• Vincent

Posted April 01, 2001 - 05:53 PM

13 psi front and rear, mountains, desert, etc... always works good for me. :)

• ToddW

Posted April 02, 2001 - 12:47 PM

I run 14 front & 13 Rear on the track and 20 front & 18 rear when I race Desert

• TBob

Posted April 04, 2001 - 11:44 AM

Your air pressure should vary based
on your tire selection - Alot depends
on the side wall/compound/pattern - terrian - what kind of rider you are, ect...This is a definite trail and error type setting. You need to experiment to find what works best with your combo. Start at 15 that is a pretty safe number if your pinch flatting
go up a little - if your not getting the hook-up you want lower it a little. Good luck.

------------------
TBob
"01" KTM 520 EXC
Mesa, AZ

• Howard_Huge

Posted April 04, 2001 - 02:51 PM

13.5 front and rear due get occasional flats though but the traction is worth it. Anything above 15 and its like your riding on ice not good for the sides of the bikes!!!

check'em before each ride, huge

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.