YZ tips

No replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 11, 2000 - 05:55 PM

If you are having a problem starting your 426 or mabee and stalling out when going around low rpm obstacles, mabee you should try what I have found to be a shure fix. 1. Change the fuel mixture to 2 turns out. 2. Change the pilot jet to 48 and main jet to 165. The bike comes from the factory to LEAN -I got these mods from Stroker Speed.) 3. Install a 12 oz. flywheel weight from Terrycable.
There is not way you can imagine the difference this will make in the rideability of this bike. It starts on the first kick every time. You can put it in second gear and simply idle around trees ect... . It does not reduce the snap more than just a fraction and you will not believe the traction increace. 4. Order a kick stand from Baja designs. There will be times when you are tired and need to just put the stand down and fire that pup right up. I ride the over 40 hare scrambles and need all the help I can get. Living in Texas , this jetting works great and I hope some of you our there riding the wild thing will be albe to benifit from my research. Oh yeah , one last thing , order a tall seat foam from baja. Your seat cover will work with the taller foam if you work with it. Touching the ground will not be quite as easy but your butt will thank you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.