400f to 426f changes, parts swap

3 replies to this topic
  • caseyinnv

Posted October 19, 2009 - 05:45 PM

What changes were made when the bike went to 426cc, are most parts enterchangable, looks like only the cc's changed. I have a 99 400 and I am looking for parts on e-bay. thanks for any info.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 19, 2009 - 06:09 PM

im pretty sure that the crank, cylinder, and head can be used on your 400 to basically make it a 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pscook

Posted October 19, 2009 - 06:10 PM

Axles and wheel hubs, exhaust (for the better). Older axles are smaller and it takes some work to get them to fit. 426 exhaust systems will fit, the pipe drops away from the oil filter bolts so that you don't need to remove the header to change the oil. I don't know much more, I am sure that someone else will chime in soon.

• matt4x4

Posted October 20, 2009 - 05:12 AM

crank webs are the same but the con rod is different for the 426 - wristpin hole is 1mm bigger, the remainder (cylinder/piston/head) will bolt right up.
You can use the 400 head even if going 426 on the cylinder/piston since it's the same.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.