Taller handle bars?

21 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 21, 2003 - 10:20 AM


I like the idea Rich. Very nice.

That gets you up but not fwd.

But hey! Thats better than nothing! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lon13

Posted April 21, 2003 - 11:08 AM


If you go with fat bars, you can get the adaptor kit that allows you to mount them on the stock one piece clamp. The kit will raise your bars about 3/4". Look for Cr-hi bends. THe jimmy button bend is the same as Renthal CR-HI (722). They are taller from the clamp surface to the top bend. that way you don't have to rotate your bars too far forward. I'm not quite as tall as you, but, I like tall bars. I've ridden bikes with the fat bar adaptors and they were too tall. There are several companies that make top clamps that adjust forward for more room. On most aftermarket Triple clamps, you can rotate the bar clamps 180 for more room. :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.