Replacement Radiator for 99WR400f

8 replies to this topic
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted April 20, 2003 - 12:54 PM

My 99 WR400 took a pretty good shot into a tree this weekend. Bent the bars, creased the hell out of the left radiator shroud, ripped my left side radiator almost to shreads (the best for last). I knew it was bad when I saw it puking the green stuff. Never gone up a hill so fast in my life, then I fell off. Anyway I was looking on at an OEM replacement. To my astonishment, it was $300 for a radiator and the shroud was $70. My question is, where (if at all possible) to get aftermarket replacement parts to return the blue beast back to normal. I thought about taking the radiator to a radiator repair shop, but figured they will laugh me out of the room. Looking to save $$$. Any feedback would be appreciated. My hearts a breakin, I've only had her for a few weeks.

• MOmilkman

Posted April 20, 2003 - 05:03 PM

Dont pay the $300 +. You will be sorry. Be patient, people sell 400/426 rads all the time in the "for sale" section of this site. Not to mention eBay.

• AZWR426

Posted April 20, 2003 - 06:06 PM

I have a left radiator in nice condition for sale from my 2002 wr426. I am not sure if the 400 uses the same radiator or not. (I know the yz and wr are different - the wr is slightly bigger than the yz). Any way if you are interested I'll sell it for $100. Call me at 602-770-9934. Mark

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 20, 2003 - 06:15 PM

I've heard good things about Mylers Radiators.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted April 23, 2003 - 04:07 AM

I have also heard a lot about Myler's over the past couple of days. I actually talked to Terry Myler of Myler's, and he sounded very capable. Sounds like he has done many WR's, and if he can bring mine back to life, I will let everyone know. Should hear something by late this week, early next. :)

• Fryboy

Posted April 24, 2003 - 05:37 AM

I can vouche for Mylers. My radiator wasn't as messed up as yours but was bent like a pretzel. 3 day turn around and my radiator was as good as new. :D

I couldn't believe it. :)

Pricing was very reasonable. I think it was 35.00 to straighten, 15 bucks to stop leak, and 5 bucks per weld.

Total cost of 53.00 or something close to that

• MOmilkman

Posted April 24, 2003 - 06:15 AM

If Mylers thinks its too damaged to repair, heres a set I saw on eBay :)

i know they are for a YZ and not a WR. I think the only diff is the YZ's are a bit skinner.
It would still work and better than buying a new one. :D

• jchantzWR400F

Posted April 24, 2003 - 07:46 AM

I've been looking on ebay about everyday. That one must have just listed. Fortunately, through Thumpertalk, I have a couple of sellers for my particular radiator. This site is one hell of a resource. Thanks for the heads up.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted April 24, 2003 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, Myler's said that he usually has a one day turn around on the repair. The rest is gravy. He said his max charge will be $75. Even that sounds reasonable if it can be fixed. These are $300 new. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.