650L rear subframe removal

5 replies to this topic
  • radar_ridr

Posted April 20, 2003 - 12:16 PM

I am trying to reduce the weight located high on the bike. any sugestions for reducing the weight of the huge rear tailight and subframe that supports it? any kits out there?
thanks for any advice!

• X_twostrokerider

Posted April 20, 2003 - 07:37 PM

Hey, I've looked around at a lot of the upgrade kits for our 650L. Go to Baja Designs...I think they have a rear tailight kit which gets rid of that frame thing under the fender.

• Chorbelt

Posted April 21, 2003 - 10:20 AM

Get a fender for a XR600 from Acerbis or UFO. They have a three lead pigtail that will wire right up. It's not exactly legal, since the plate (now zip-tied to the fender) is not illuminated, but I've never been hassled.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stonewall

Posted April 21, 2003 - 12:23 PM

Do what Chorbelt says and get a XR600 fender. Then put a Maier enduro tail/stoplight on it. It looks a regular XR tail light but it has a brake/license plate light. It usually costs under $15 for the light. Then just mount your plate to the fender. :)

• motometal

Posted April 22, 2003 - 05:23 PM

...and with this mod it's ok to remove the above mentioned frame piece? Are you guaranteeing me no floppy of the fender over supercross triples? My rear tire has "eaten" the back of the fender once already...

• Thumpdup

Posted April 23, 2003 - 06:06 AM

I took off the rear light, put the license plate over the mounting hole and used trailer side marking lights for brake and running lights. Cheap, light weight and DOT approved. This also looks sano and clean.With this mod I removed the frame and have very little flex in the fender.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.