HICK-UPS

2 replies to this topic
  • Fugazi

Posted April 20, 2003 - 12:01 PM

Well the bike is almost complete the way I want it to be.Just got a couple small little details to complete and she will be ready to rock the motard world.I was riding yesterday and noticed that at around 70kmh-90kmh in 4-5th gear and this is while riding at this speed for a good while, that the engine seems to hick-up here and there.The engine rocks while gunning it through the gears but when riding at a consistant speed over 50kmh it will studder and hick-up.Its hard to explain what I'm talking about but am just woundering if anyone else out there that is desert riding or street riding notices this and what a fix or remedy would I try to do to help this (BEAUTIFUL MOTORCYCLE)out.Maybe I should just try and think of how to explain this more clearly and repost. :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 20, 2003 - 03:59 PM

You might be rich on your needle. If the problem seems to be in the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle area and not full throttle you will need to move your needle clip up (towards the top) for leaner jetting. :)

• Fugazi

Posted April 20, 2003 - 08:50 PM

Cool man thnx I will try it out and let you know the result.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.