Will a 2003 YZF 450 exhaust system fit the 2003 WR

4 replies to this topic
  • launchzone

Posted April 19, 2003 - 01:04 PM

Anyone using an 03 YZF 450 exhaust system on their 03 WR450?? If so, how is the performance? I have a Canadian model 2003 WR 450 and the exhaust baffle cannot be removed. I'm thinking of getting a YZF exhaust (not the header pipe). Thanks for the advice in advance. Please email me at estebansoolum@aol.com

• SoCalWR426

Posted April 19, 2003 - 06:03 PM

Yes it will, then do the free mods and ya-hooo :jawdrop:Hang on tight....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450MXMAN

Posted April 20, 2003 - 02:41 AM

I just installed the FMF titanium 4 system on my WR450 which is made for the YZ 450. My bike was fast before, but now it is a GROUNDSTOMPIN, FIREBREATHIN, DRAGON!!!!!! It is a little loud though so you might want an insert for trail riding.

• Balcs

Posted April 20, 2003 - 07:14 AM

I just intalled a YZ450 Pipe I scored from ebay on my WR450 and it bolted right up. You just need a longer rear bolt since the mount bracket on the yz pipe is thicker than the wr's stock pipe. You need to carve a little on the rear fender to make a larger area for the rear mount bracket to fit through. Other than that it is a perfect fit. I also picked up a Pro Moto Billet end cap with the spark arrester and the quiet insert and it breathes way better than the Canadian stocker and is a little louder. My guess is it's probably at 95-96db. If you remove the quiet insert it must be 101db, maybe a little more than the stocker. I saved about $80 from bying the FMF Q and it is tunable for Moto. I noticed an increase in throttle response and it has a better mid hit and more top. I may need to put in a larger main jet and I moved the clip down one spot on the needle. It looks pretty trick too.

Canadian WR450 W/Street Plate, Baja Designs dual Sport Kit, YZ 450 Pipe/Pro Moto Billet end cap, e-line skid plate, frame guards, fork guards, Pro-tapers, Devol Rad Guards, Digital Speedo, Cycra MX Hand guards, Half Vent Front Nuber plate & YZ rear fender for moto.
Stock is 48 pilot, 160 Main for now/may need to increase it, Canadian needle jet is 3 richer than US and the clip is in the 5th position

• TooFast

Posted April 22, 2003 - 10:44 AM

I bolted one on mine and noticed the motor rves quicker and has more power all the way through the power band...way too loud though

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.