Stock levers are good.

6 replies to this topic
  • JBM

Posted June 27, 2000 - 06:09 AM

I have bent the stock clutch lever on my 426 3 times, 2 of which were bad bends, and each time I have taken it off and bent it back. It hasn't broken yet. I have a new lever on hand and just use it for a pattern to get the bent one back to shape. Of course if it breaks while I'm trying to straighten it I have one to put on. Just letting you guys know that the stock levers are pretty damn good.

• Johnny_W

Posted June 27, 2000 - 07:49 AM

I agree, I have tried several other aftermarket levers none of which were as strong as the stock levers. But stock is the way this bike seems to perform at it's best. No suspension or pipe mods, and it runs just as good and fast all of the boys that have spent some crazy $$$ of suspension etc.

• Tim

Posted June 27, 2000 - 09:42 PM

Have your dealers had the stock levers in stock? I have tried two different dealers and both of them have said they are on back order.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JBM

Posted June 27, 2000 - 10:40 AM

My dealership had it in stock when I got mine about a couple of months ago. Some dealers online are http://www.compacc.com and http://safe.basiclin...pe=A1CS11&lc=EN which is Motoworld of El Cajon.
You probably already know about these though.

• Johnny_W

Posted June 27, 2000 - 11:48 AM

Motopro in Oceanside said the levers were on back order as well. That is why I tried a couple of the aftermarket levers. Much to my dismay! I got smart this time and ordered 3. What is up with Yamaha parts ordering? It seems most everything is on back order. anyone else get that feeling?

• Tim

Posted June 28, 2000 - 06:38 AM

I don't want to defend Yamaha, but Suzuki is no better with keeping parts in their parts depots, I think it is just that they don't pay attention to that market. New bikes first, forget about the small stuff. They already have our money they were looking for....... Last year I busted a gear on my '98 street bike and waited a month, calling, faxing, begging Suzuki for a part when I finally found a drag racer on the net that had an extra motor. I paid more than new price for it. I agree, the manufactuers should put more effort in to customer support when it comes to spare parts!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 28, 2000 - 11:34 AM

I was shocked the other day when I went to my local Yamaha dealer (just opened in a temporary location) and they had a rear brake resevoir for my '98 YZ400 in stock. Hit and miss I guess...

Paul in AZ

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.