5 MINUTE OIL CHANGE! (Joke) Got a question though.

2 replies to this topic
  • Ironbeak

Posted April 18, 2003 - 01:21 PM

Okay, I'm getting pretty tired of messy oil changes. I've heard about special drainplugs that can piss oil in an adjustable stream without actually being removed. That sounds cool. Does something like this exist for the XR650R? Other ideas also appreciated. Any way to pump the oil out? I know you can do this with cars.

-Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smashinz2002

Posted April 18, 2003 - 06:31 PM

I don't know dude, I haven't read anything at all about a plug like that for the XR, and I try to keep up with all the new stuff for the bike. Would be cool though if something like that was available.
L.L.

• Big_D

Posted April 19, 2003 - 07:19 PM

Fram has put out a Drain Plug Gizmo that replaces the stock plug with an insert that uses a special adapter with a tube. The tube piece svrews on and opens a valve that allows the oil to drain, and it comes with a cap to protect the part that stays in the drain pan. They make them for cars in a bunch of sizes so it should not bee too hard to match the bolt size/thread pitch on the XR.

I know nothing on how good or bad they work, I just know they are out there. I know I have seen them at Wal-Mart and they are under $20.

Hope this helps in the search for a better way!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.