Anyone ever put a WR400 stator on a YZ?

9 replies to this topic
  • Concho

Posted June 23, 2000 - 06:15 AM

I toasted my 98 YZ400 stator and have been thinking of putting on a WR400 stator with the lighting coil. So far I know you have to buy the stator and the flywheel weight. I'm not so sure about the CDI unit. Any bright ideas?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 23, 2000 - 06:30 AM

You can purchase a lighting stator for the yz. About $350.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted June 23, 2000 - 02:15 PM

I can prob do one for approx $199us
Also E-Line avail for $410.. $490 retail

**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Derwood

Posted June 27, 2000 - 04:15 PM

You can get a stator from Moose that has a lighting coil for about 120. If you go with the WR, it looks as though you would have to buy the WR flywheel as well.

• Concho

Posted June 28, 2000 - 09:10 PM

Do you have a link to a Moose website?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derwood

Posted June 28, 2000 - 04:34 PM

It was a little hard to install, but worth it.

• Concho

Posted June 29, 2000 - 06:39 AM

Did you have to use any of the old stator? I've toasted the pickup on mine and the Moose looks like its the stator only and not the wiring harness and pickup?

• Derwood

Posted June 29, 2000 - 05:42 PM

It comes as the stator only. if the pick-up is bad, you'll have to go with the Yamaha piece. Here is a place found elsewhere here.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted July 03, 2000 - 11:53 AM

Did you purchase a stator yet? I'm thinking about doing the same thing if the price is right.

Thanks Nick

• Concho

Posted July 19, 2000 - 10:56 AM

I decided to go with the YZ stator. The WR stator would require the additional CDI unit and the flywheel weight. About $450 compared to $150. I was worried about the WR timing of the CDI unit also. I didn't want retune an already great running engine.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.