Backfire screen

4 replies to this topic
  • Jonesy920

Posted April 17, 2003 - 03:07 PM

Has anyone had the stones to cut out the backfire screen yet ??? :) :D

• ThumperWR450F

Posted April 17, 2003 - 03:49 PM

i haven't yet. i was planning on doing when i got the time. i did it on my DR435 w/o problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted April 18, 2003 - 01:55 AM

You won't notice any difference.

I know people who have tried on many different bikes and there is no noticable improvement.

• DesertChris

Posted April 18, 2003 - 02:57 AM

Not completely posisitve but I think the YZ250 2-stroke part is the same without a screen. I have a 2000 YZ sitting next to my 426, I will check this weekend and post back here.

• Lon13

Posted April 22, 2003 - 09:00 AM

I cut mine out of my Xr600 with no problems. On some bikes, like my big XR, they choke the bike a bit, on others, they have no effect. I guess you might have a problem if you wash your filter in gasoline and it's not fully dry when you start the bike and it backfires. If this were to happen, you are probably better off without a bike anyway. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.