Yamaha

how do I get my 660 raptor into reverse?

4 replies to this topic
  • towdoctor

Posted February 09, 2007 - 06:09 AM

I just picked up a 2003 660 raptor, and I can't find reverse. The tabs on the reverse switch appear to be broken. Is there a way I can find reverse with the switch broken like this? I want to check to see if I need to just replace the switch, or if my problem is bigger than just that.

• OregonTrail

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:06 AM

I don't use mine much, but if I recall; put in neutral, pull the clucth in, turn knob clockwise, shift down. :bonk: Like I said, it's been a while, hope this helps. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • love2ride450

Posted February 09, 2007 - 01:01 PM

I believe it is: pull in clutch, put in first gear, turn knob clockwise, click shifter down once more for reverse. when you want out of reverse, just pull clutch and click up once. you will be in first. Isn't the knob just attached to a cable? if the knob is broken, you should be able to replace it, but it will be the whole mechanism that bolts to the front fender.

• nzed

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:31 PM

yes, you are correct. that's all it'l be. it'l pay to replace the whole reverse knob mechanism. good luck!

• YamahaBlue22

Posted February 12, 2007 - 01:01 PM

Yea, they got the right way....

>>If your knob is broken and u still want to use reverse to make sure it is ok, there is a metal lever coming out underneath the crank case, right in front of the left foot peg. If you push that lever foward with the clutch puled in in first gear you should be able the shift down into reverse..

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Raptor Starter Clutch install video by ll extreme

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

banshee issues by kimble93

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

raptor 660r issues by SheWantsThe D-RZ

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Bent A arm 09 grizzly 700 fi eps by Kennethyz450f

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Utility ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Is this a yfm rectifier by segge

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.