Yamaha

grizzly 350 mods! help- i need more go

8 replies to this topic
  • ndheidmann

Posted December 26, 2006 - 09:55 PM

hey, I have the 350 grizzly as it was what dad could afford, what are some good mods to do to it.. It is a 2007 grizzly 4x4 with IRS and a diff lock.. It needs more low end wheel spinning torque.. preferably cheap or free mods, I know a pipe would help, but anything else...

also, could a manual tranny be mated to this motor? just curious..

is there a baffle in the pipe? I would like to mod that aswell, or a governor/ speed limiter hidden somewhere?? thanks.

• Georgia_Boy06

Posted December 27, 2006 - 03:49 AM

You could buy an Exhaust tip off of ebay. Like $6 or something. Air Filter is kida cheap. Jet kit (if u can install) is cheap. That would wake it up. You could get a clutch kit from HauckPowersports.com. That would help the low end a lot.

A manual might could be mated , but your looking at the price of a whole new 4wheeler. The ultramatic is the best auto tranny on the market.

• ndheidmann

Posted December 27, 2006 - 08:27 PM

what does the clutch kit do? and what would an exhaust tip do?? .. yea I was thinking the jet kit aswell..

• Georgia_Boy06

Posted December 29, 2006 - 02:11 PM

Clutch kit gives you more torque down low. Changes where the RPM's engage and give a lil more tension on the belt so no slipping ever. the tip will help like an aftermarket exhaust (not quite as much help though). more air flow. W/ that and a jet kit you would be good t go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bfresh87

Posted September 27, 2010 - 05:32 PM

I also have a 350 grizzly that i just bought. I figured it would have enough power to play in the mud, but it seems like it has a govenor for everytime i get kind of binded up in the mud, it wants to start spudering. is this normal or should i do a tune up on it or a clutch kit? it doesnt have a hi/low range.

• Tippmann98

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:35 AM

I also have a 350 grizzly that i just bought. I figured it would have enough power to play in the mud, but it seems like it has a govenor for everytime i get kind of binded up in the mud, it wants to start spudering. is this normal or should i do a tune up on it or a clutch kit? it doesnt have a hi/low range.

Are you talking about when you're in reverse and it sputters? There might be a reverse override button you'll have to hold down while trying to back out of a sticky situation.

• bfresh87

Posted October 05, 2010 - 06:51 PM

Are you talking about when you're in reverse and it sputters? There might be a reverse override button you'll have to hold down while trying to back out of a sticky situation.

This is in foward and reverse. Ill go into a mud area and play around and everything will be ok. but somtimes out of no where, it'll spuder and try to shut off like there is air blockage... this doesnt have an override button either...

• hyper7driver

Posted November 23, 2010 - 06:53 PM

Water drowning something out possibly? Water on a bad plug wire?

• jon1

Posted November 25, 2010 - 03:42 PM

i have a 600 does the same what u r experiencing is a kinda vapor lock. the yamahas have situated their air boxes and intakes poorly when u get in water after machine is hot steam comes up from motor getting sucked right into poorly positioned intakes a snorkel is the answer and can be made at home with some pvc fittings and some flexible spa hose some people use vacuum hose,but i find it to light.you may have to wrap with heat shield if hose is near ex. or head remember to snorkel trans vent also usually 2 or 3 snorkels and use 2 in if possible then rejet and remember snorkels dont turn atvs into boats|!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.