? Best way to plug hole left when odometer rem

8 replies to this topic
  • timvv51

Posted April 17, 2003 - 08:13 AM

I have little need for the odometer on my WR450 as am running a computer. Any suggestions on what is the best way to plug the hole in the spindle or is there a plug someone sells? Thanks for any suggestions. Tim

• SMD

Posted April 17, 2003 - 08:47 AM

Tim remove the odo drive unit completely. Pick up a YZ spacer and seal.Much cleaner and save yourself a half a pound. :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 17, 2003 - 08:52 AM

Is the YZ spacer and seal OEM or Aftermarket?

• Motorod

Posted April 17, 2003 - 09:17 AM

I took my cable off. Could not find a 12mm cap nut, so I got a small standard capnut drilled and taped to fit the place where the cable attached. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jonesy920

Posted April 17, 2003 - 10:28 AM

Flatland racing sells them.. I called last week and they said it should be out soon for the 03'

• timvv51

Posted April 17, 2003 - 02:00 PM

I really appreciate the info. Tim

• mmbasa

Posted April 17, 2003 - 06:08 PM

:) Go to Home Depot and by a rubber cap, should cost you about 20cents if that and just stick it over the hole. Don't waste your money on an $25 spacer.

• Fugazi

Posted April 17, 2003 - 06:29 PM

I put a rubber valve cap on mine, fit perfect.......Just stole one off my moms car. :)

• oRGie

Posted April 18, 2003 - 07:20 AM

and I just took the nut of the cable and glued a piece of plastic inside it to seal it.. :-)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.