Chain Lube

2 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted April 16, 2003 - 04:13 PM

Rokatt Report/Inquirer:

OK, now I know that WE of the Pig Brethren could fart on our chains and they'd last a good long time. I've read other forums and threads about o-ring chains and just using WD-40. I want to let my Pig Bros. know about Belray "Super Clean" chain lube. It is just what it says it is. Goes on nice, doesn't fling off. Has that cool white lithium kind of look. Doesn't attract dirt. GREAT!

NOW...there is another type of Belray chain lube that must have been concocted in the bowls of Beelzebub! :D. When I ordered a can from Rocky Mtn. they sent me this other yellow gooey crap that could most likely attract astroids in from outer space must less that dirt that it turbo vacumes to the chain to begin the JB Weld bonding and goop process to totally spooge out your bike! I mean, my kids jersys all have the black fling dots like I used to get on MY jersys over 20 years ago! (You don't think I would use that crap on MY BRP do you! :D) Then when you are done riding and try to CLEAN your bike? HA! Better get your yellow radiation suit and get the STRONG solvent that they use to spray on Godzilla when he comes a-stompin' on Tokyo. If you see this stuff at your local dealer, just burn his shop down as he truly is the Spawn of Satan. :)

OK. To recap: Belray "Super Clean", Good.

Belray "Evil Gooey Glop", Bad

Rokatt Report, Over & Out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Danco

Posted April 17, 2003 - 03:46 AM

Too funny Rokatt! :) I hear ya on the gooey Godzilla crap. More like snot!! I just picked up a can of Motul dirt lube. Much like the Belray superclean. Dries fast and no asteroids. Hows the riding been? Got to run the Deathstar hard last weekend. Put about 50 miles on it, although there were some pretty slippery patches of snow and ice in the shady spots. :D Fun-Fun-Fun!!!

• sunnymex

Posted April 17, 2003 - 09:00 AM

I think that I will stick to farting on my chain. Smells better then the goop and also cost less. One can of beans and we are set to ride!! :D :)

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.