unrebuildable salvage title

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2000 - 06:51 AM


I found a 1996 DR 650 for sale in Florida for $1000. It was stolen then retrieved by the police. Does anyone know if an unrebuildable salvage title can be used for street purposes in PA? Can I get a rebuilt title?


  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 08, 2000 - 08:46 AM


It is best to call PenDot. Good luck on them answering the phone. I think if you got a salvage tiltle, it should be good enough to legally title. Call PenDot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETS

Posted June 09, 2000 - 02:16 AM


I did an unrebuildable salvage fix up on a 95' park avenue ultra last year and I'm still sitting on it trying to clear the red tape. Here in michigan it's bad news to try it unless you have another title from a parts bike or car that is rebuildable.

  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 15, 2000 - 03:03 AM


I talked to PENN DOT and they said it could not be made legal. It can only be used for parts.

Thanks for the help

  • Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted June 15, 2000 - 06:37 AM


Wow, That is a bunch of crap. Too bad, sorry Nick!

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark.

Moab bound for 2000, HOORAY!! Gonna be kicking some Moab Ass (Mule or Donkey?)!

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.