lawn mower needs jetting help

4 replies to this topic
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted April 16, 2003 - 12:00 PM

I spend way too much time on thumpertalk. I started my lawn mower yesterday and it didn't seem to run right so the first thing I thought of was to pull the air cleaner lid, pull the plug out of the exhaust, then start messing with the jetting. Then it hit me, IT IS A STUPID LAWN MOWER, give it a rest. I was almost on the ground laughing at myself, thinking of a post where guys were driving and thinking about how they could clear that ditch, or what route they would take up a hill. LMAO. Anyone find themselves doing these things? :D :D :)

• IceBox

Posted April 16, 2003 - 02:38 PM

I find myself looking at all ditches differently now. In fact my wife who won't touch a motorized 2 wheel contraption even comments on "oh that would be a nice place to ride and it is barely a trail in some ditch in the middle of nowhere". I have thought about getting a 4 wheeler so she could ride out the weeded ditches for me to knock down all those tall grasses! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lon13

Posted April 20, 2003 - 01:12 PM

It's funny, I have 3 bikes in my garage that i'm working on. My bikes always get my undivided attention. But, My lawn tractor leaks oil, and needs a new battery, I don't even know if my push mower has oil in it and the blade's dull, and I take my cars to the place on the corner to get the oil changed/tires rotated. My priorities; 1.Kids, 2.bikes/wife (tie :D) 3.everything else. :)

• Lon13

Posted April 20, 2003 - 01:18 PM

I remember, as a little kid (about 5) on long trips, looking out of the car window and imagining I'm riding next to the car on a dirt bike. Jumping the dirt road crossings and driveways (and mad roosting on golf courses :)). 35 years later and my wife can't figure out why I want her to drive on long trips.

• yamaha.dude

Posted April 20, 2003 - 03:26 PM

My son does that as well... he is almost 9, but has been doing it for years... I hear these strange noises from the back of the car, and look in the mirror and see his hand going up and down, and I ask what he is doing... he is 'riding the roadside'... getting some air here... sliding over there... pull a wheelie on a big straight...

My youngest daughter just counts telegraph poles... hundreds and hundreds of them... LOL so it must be a boy thing 'riding the roadside'

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.