Enire air box cover.

2 replies to this topic
  • Mech

Posted December 04, 2000 - 09:03 AM

HI,
I am really curious about this question for a long time. I have try numerous attempts of removing the air box and fixing it back and test ride the effect of it, I have no ideal and don't know why that I lost a lot of the low end responce after removing the air box lid when eveyone in the forum is talking about how great their bike runs with the air box lid removed. Any input to my question? Thanks :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ButtonFly

Posted December 04, 2000 - 10:13 PM

What other variables have you adjusted? Is it stock timing, stock exhaust, have you rejetted anything? You probably need to rejet to pick it up. I have an aftermarket airbox, so I can't really help. Sorry

• Boit

Posted December 04, 2000 - 10:36 PM

Removing the lid allows the engine to "breathe" now. More air = leaner mixture. You must now compensate with jetting like Buttonfly described.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.