Suzuki

Dual Exhaust for KFX/Z 400???

13 replies to this topic
  • chrisr22

Posted September 12, 2004 - 06:17 PM

Do any of ya'll have any experience with the Looney Tuned Exhaust system that has the y pipe and two silencers. If so how does it run and sound???

• drive805

Posted September 13, 2004 - 10:34 PM

never heard of it... but if your getting an exhaust you can't go wrong with HMF....
just my 2 cents

• chrisr22

Posted September 14, 2004 - 09:34 AM

Well i appreciate the input... but i did my research and i think i am gonna go w/ the dual exhaust setup. I will let you guys know how it works out!

• 400exRider777

Posted September 14, 2004 - 01:32 PM

From what I've heard they are a pretty good exhaust company. They are also one of the only companies that has a fully tapered exhaust. It constantly gets bigger all the way back starting right off of the head.

• chrisr22

Posted September 15, 2004 - 08:37 AM

oh by the way do any of you guys have a problem w/ your z or kfx suddenly and sporadically backfiring and refusing to idle??? whats up with that

• jmpulse

Posted September 19, 2004 - 10:00 PM

Do any of ya'll have any experience with the Looney Tuned Exhaust system that has the y pipe and two silencers. If so how does it run and sound???

I have their systems on both my TRX400EX, and the 450R(sorry, no Z400, just surfing). I have run a Z with the White Bros system, and what a joke. The sound is crappy, you have to choose between power or dB levels. On my 400, I only loose about 1/4-1/2hp with the quiet cores in, and that is running at 87-89dB! I know that they are getting simmilar increases on the Z that they are getting on the 400EX. From multiple different dynos, the the LTE Racing system is showing more hp than any other system out there. This is what the dyno operators are saying, of which none of these sold LTE at the time of the tests. The systems also really respond well to engine mods, getting rid of the need to upgrade the system in the future.

• snoopyz400

Posted October 14, 2004 - 03:59 PM

well i have a z400 with a white brothers R4 exhaust and a uni filter and i also have a white brothers rev limiter and is re-jetted and trust me it sound way better than yoshimura or any other exhaust system and 400ex's aren't sh*t smoke them like butter on a pan oh and those dual exhaust only produce 4 horspower at most saw it in an enternet page

• 400exRider777

Posted October 15, 2004 - 05:09 AM

Normally I would say your right in assuming that a z400 will run all over a 400ex, but they usually don't stay together to complete a whole race. I beat z's every week. I used to own one and my best buddy currently owns one. Hopefully the 05's will be much better.

• jmpulse

Posted October 17, 2004 - 07:46 PM

those dual exhaust only produce 4 horspower at most saw it in an enternet page

The 4hp gain is on LTE's dyno, and was not compared to any other system at the time. I have heard of acouple of head to head dyno runs, done at the dunes on big weekends, and the LTE system was always pulling more hp than other systems.

• KFXRIDER400

Posted June 04, 2008 - 05:55 PM

yeah i agree i have been looking at an lte dual exhaust system for my kfx400

• craZee

Posted June 24, 2008 - 11:29 AM

Dual exhaust looks trick, but unless your going for style points it s not the way to go . its gonna add weight . its personal choice if you wanto race i wouldnt run it , if your a weekend warrior get it and stand by so people can check it out and tell how cool it looks . i run an HMF Ballance on my qaud love the sound and the power but an HMF pipe would never touch my R1 not cause they suck but just personal preferance i run M4 on my R1 with dual exhaust. just do some research on other pipes and weigh the options.

• KFXRIDER400

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:19 AM

yeah i ride with a huge crew nd i want it as a conversasion peice nd plus it is one pound lighter than the stock system. and adds a full 4.5 horsepower but you only get it in 5th gear ive ridin one with no quiet cores nd it is amazing.

• CWO4GUNNER

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:55 PM

I bet it cost a small fortune. Better saved toward a more powerful ATV. Personally I bought my 07 LTZ400 at a time when I could have purchased an new overstock 06 TRX450XE was only $600 more ($5800 OTD). But I deliberately chose the LTZ400. Why would I now want to try and pass a mule off as a race horse.

• blasterkid52

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:59 PM

lte pipes are great quality pipes. but besides the raptor700s, i dont see a rear benifit to runing a dual exaust on a quad that has one ezhaust port. save your money and buy a sparks exaust or dasa.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Suzuki

Suzuki Quadrunner 300 (any information or input?) by Svizzera

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Utility ATV
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Suzuki

Dead in the water by RAWSACK

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Youth ATV
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Freakin 4 Wheelers by Harvo

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Suzuki

05 ltz 400 replacing rear axle housing by theiceman97

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Suzuki

LTZ/KFX Crankcase by mikey1479

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.