2009 Price

75 replies to this topic
  • mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:33 AM

Thanks Bro!

• mab01

Posted October 19, 2009 - 10:07 AM

At the time I bought my bike Delta motor sports quoted me the cheapest as well. I was ready to make the long drive from St George to Delta but decided to call up Ceder City Motor sports. After a short conversation with Chris Sparks, sales manager, he assured me that he would beat that price and guarantee my satisfaction. Which he did hassle and heckle free, I was more than impressed with the bike purchase and will purchase from him again.
Give him a call, the more people you call the better off you will be. 435-867-9111
By the way, the only reason I bought new was because Jeff Boyd did not want to give me his 08 for next to nothing.

• mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 10:11 AM

All good stuff! Thanks! What do you think the absolute bottom price I should try and get it for? Before Tax... I dont want to look stupid low balling some absurd price...

• mab01

Posted October 19, 2009 - 10:51 AM

Will you know that Jeff Boyd picked one up for 5500 a couple months ago, but he has also bought 12 bikes from the company. A couple factors are going to play into pricing, are you paying cash or financing, if your financing things will cost a little more, loan application fees, etc. I would ask OTD for 5500. Tell them you know for a fact that people have picked them up for less than that. See what they say, when you get one store to give you a low price, call the next, tell them the quoted price and see if they will beat it, vice versa till you fell comfortable with the price.
Yes, the 2010's just came out, but the 2009 yz450f is one very nice bike. Pay the extra 100 dollars for the black excel rims, even if you don't like the white, it is cheaper to buy blue plastics than black excel rims.

• mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 02:32 PM

I would be paying cash in full. Thats a great point about the Black rims....

I dont have experience with the rims... do they chip easy or look like crap after a few rides?

• shrubitup

Posted October 19, 2009 - 02:41 PM

But if I got the white and I wanted to put blue plastics on the bike... isnt the tank white? Or can you not see it under the shrouds... I havent even looked...

Tank be black on both 'dem.

• mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 02:42 PM

Just getting back into the sport....

Is it the SHIZ if you have a bike with black rims now?

• shrubitup

Posted October 19, 2009 - 02:47 PM

Just getting back into the sport....

Is it the SHIZ if you have a bike with black rims now?

Dat be da shiz fo sho

• mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hey I am not a fan of the long exhaust system that 4 strokes have... I prefer the shorty look. If I put a Dr D silencer on will that extended it or keep it the same shorty look on the 09?

• DPW

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hey I am not a fan of the long exhaust system that 4 strokes have... I prefer the shorty look. If I put a Dr D silencer on will that extended it or keep it the same shorty look on the 09?

the dubach is longer then the stock muffler...but the dubach is a lot more fun...

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:26 PM

the dubach is longer then the stock muffler...but the dubach is a lot more fun...

How so? :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:27 PM

If you care how it runs, rather than what it looks like, you'll get over your passion for the "shorty look". If looks are more important than performance, .....whatever.

The DRD is shorter than the '06 pipe by close to 3", but longer than the '08 pipe by about 4". The fact is that the DRD will add nearly 7 (seven) US Horse Power at 5500 RPM over that really cool looking "shorty" pipe. The shorty muffler on the '08-'09 models uses 50 year old technology to achieve a lower noise level than is possible in a free flowing silencer of that length, and should never have been built, IMO.

Posted Image

• DPW

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:33 PM

How so? :bonk:

when you turn the throttle....:bonk:

ride a couple of laps with the stocker and then throw the dr d on and do a couple of laps...best bang for the buck on the '08-'09.

I'd ride it stock first and see how you like it....might surprise you...

• shrubitup

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

Nice bike. :bonk:

• mxracer8401

Posted October 19, 2009 - 08:50 PM

great info! Thanks!

• mxracer8401

Posted October 20, 2009 - 08:14 AM

If you care how it runs, rather than what it looks like, you'll get over your passion for the "shorty look". If looks are more important than performance, .....whatever.

The DRD is shorter than the '06 pipe by close to 3", but longer than the '08 pipe by about 4". The fact is that the DRD will add nearly 7 (seven) US Horse Power at 5500 RPM over that really cool looking "shorty" pipe. The shorty muffler on the '08-'09 models uses 50 year old technology to achieve a lower noise level than is possible in a free flowing silencer of that length, and should never have been built, IMO.

Posted Image

Is the complete system (exhaust header and all) necessary for the 5hp gain or just the silencer?

• mab01

Posted October 20, 2009 - 12:51 PM

I also run the DRD exhaust on my yz. You would have to the complete system to get the full gains. The DRD complete system is the best bang for the buck, you can pick up a full system for a little more than $400.

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2009 - 02:01 PM

Is the complete system (exhaust header and all) necessary for the 5hp gain or just the silencer?

You can expect 3-5 hp in the 5-6000 rpm range with almost anything you put on it, including cheapo slip-ons, or even used '06-'07 pipes. But, at $495 retail, the bang you get from a DRD is hard to top. Plus, for $15 extra, you can get it with a removable spark arrestor, which is areally big deal for me because of the rules I race under.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 20, 2009 - 04:02 PM

What kind of races do you do Gray? Hare Scrambles, WORCS and stuff like that?

• grayracer513

Posted October 20, 2009 - 07:22 PM

Desert races. Desert Scrambles are fairly similar to Hare Scrambles. They also run a Euro Scrambles and Hare and Hound format.

When I can catch a ride, I still fiddle with flat track and speedway occasionally.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.