wr 400 red hot pipe?!?! (picture)

6 replies to this topic
  • KYKID69

Posted October 16, 2009 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image :bonk:

this is my pipe after running for only a minute or two. anyone ever have a problem like this? i've never noticed it until my last ride...

thanks

• crf250r_motorhead

Posted October 16, 2009 - 01:41 PM

looks cool ehh?

was there a temperature change when you noticed it first?

usually a half turn out on the a/f screw will take it right away.

its going to do it no matter what if you let it idle for a period of time.. these bikes arent meant to idle

• KYKID69

Posted October 16, 2009 - 03:30 PM

yeah, i just noticed it since it has gotten colder outside. I will try adjusting the a/f screw. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ears2244

Posted October 16, 2009 - 03:34 PM

CR250 R motorhead is right, never let a 4 stroke sit and idle for any amount of time. I had a WR and mine did that and it was a little lean. A few adjustments and it was fine.

• KYKID69

Posted October 16, 2009 - 03:40 PM

oh really, I wasn't aware of that. So I shouldn't let the motor idle and warm up after first starting it?

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 16, 2009 - 04:36 PM

only for a minute or so at most or it could overheat. 45 seconds should be good

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 16, 2009 - 06:07 PM

If that was taken without a flash, you have an extreme lean condition. I would check your jetting asap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.