air filters

6 replies to this topic
  • seabass152

Posted October 15, 2009 - 09:43 PM

Will a YZF filter work in a 06 WR450? I know the part numbers are different but I want to use disposable filters but few that make them do not spec a WR unit.

• YZEtc

Posted October 16, 2009 - 03:05 AM

The air filters are different between a YZ-450F and a WR-450F.

Ready Racing does make one for the WR-450F, though.
Their part number is 14101.

I've been using the Ready Racing filters in my Suzuki DR-Z400SM all year and also tried one in my Yamaha WR-250R.
They're good quality, although I don't clean and reuse them - I just toss them out and put in a new one. :bonk:

• ohioryder

Posted October 16, 2009 - 05:13 AM

Im curious about this because Ive ordered 4 twin air filters from 3 different shops and they all end up giving me Yz450f filters. I have questioned the parts guys why the Wr450f is not listed on the package and all have said its the same filter. I looked up on Dennis Kirk and they list different part#'s for the Yzf/Wr models. The Yz450f filters seem to fit pretty well. Anyone care to comment any concerns with this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • seabass152

Posted October 16, 2009 - 09:24 AM

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

• Greenroom

Posted October 16, 2009 - 12:55 PM

Ready Racing uses Maxima Oil. I guess or bet the filters will be one and the same. :bonk:

• seabass152

Posted October 16, 2009 - 06:40 PM

The Maxima filter will actually be 2mm thicker in body and gasket than the current Ready Racing model with a stronger glue for a couple of repeated uses according to the owner.

• YZEtc

Posted October 16, 2009 - 07:21 PM

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

Was that the one and only Ron Lechein?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.