Countershaft sprocket washer

3 replies to this topic
  • MaddogYZ

Posted October 15, 2009 - 05:13 PM

Has anyone seen a trick alternative to bending the safetty washer behind the countershaft sprocket? The tabs snap after 1 bend and it can be a pain getting the washer bent enough to prevent the sprocket nut from turning. If anyone's seen something it would be someone from this board!

Its and 05' WR, not sure what years all had this washer.

• Sider_steve

Posted October 15, 2009 - 05:30 PM

That washer is designed to be replaced after 1 use.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:01 PM

I reuse mine several times until it develops a crack though I believe Sider Steve is correct that the recommended practice is to replace it every time. Never had a problem. What are you using to bend it over? And yes they are all the same going back forever.

• MaddogYZ

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:29 PM

I reuse mine several times until it develops a crack though I believe Sider Steve is correct that the recommended practice is to replace it every time. Never had a problem. What are you using to bend it over? And yes they are all the same going back forever.

Using a screw driver and hammer, just thought of using duckbills to grab it and bend it.

Got the tank mounted up tonight by the way, I little wiggling and finesse to get down over the frame but it I suprised how well all the holes lined up. Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.