electricity felt on the clutch and break leavers



5 replies to this topic
  • sabin

Posted April 15, 2003 - 11:17 AM

#1

When I rev my bike I can feel electricity on my leavers like little needles :) does anyone have such problems?

  • waynewr

Posted April 15, 2003 - 11:54 AM

#2

Is the spark plug wire shorting to the frame? Does the bike run good under load at high rpm's. Check the kill switch. Got set on my ars once years ago by a faulty one leaking voltage to the handle bars.

  • Butta

Posted April 15, 2003 - 01:44 PM

#3

My kill switch was shocking me under high rev's until I put electrical tape (wrapped around the handlebar) underneath the kill switch....no more tingle!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Bob

Posted April 16, 2003 - 12:36 AM

#4

Check the wiring for your rear brake light on the handle bars for shorting as well. (assuming you have lights!)
JB

  • WR_Jason

Posted April 16, 2003 - 08:25 AM

#5

Shocking!!!! :D :)
Sorry, had to do it. Yeah check out that kill swich, Ive been zapped a few times by the ole 2 stroke push to kill type swiches when my hands were wet.

  • cookeye

Posted April 16, 2003 - 11:41 AM

#6

sabin check your head stedy bolts and or engine mount plates make sure your sparks are knot trying to earth through cables
cookeye




 
x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.