3 replies to this topic
  • Jon_from_PA

Posted May 30, 2000 - 04:24 PM

I just purchased a new 426 back in april and
am thinking about changing the handlebars to a higher profile. What is the hot set-up???
I like the pro-tapers but I don't want to change the top tiple clamps, will the bar mount adapters work okay? Please advise!

• Derwood

Posted May 31, 2000 - 03:44 PM

I'm running Renthal Jimmy Button bend bars, I've had them on three bikes and they are still holding great.

Derwood, traped in IL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PSC

Posted June 01, 2000 - 02:45 AM

I'm running Pro-taper Universal Mid on my 426, the Universal mounts fit fine (make them {the mounts} face inward so the foam cover fits properly).

The Pro Taper Mid has YZ low bars with the universal mounts making them a bit higher (look on the handlebar box, they have a listing of all the bends, widths and heights of the various Pro Taper bars)

Paul Card
00' 426

• Jarriet

Posted June 01, 2000 - 05:58 AM

Azonic top trip.clamp 8mm forward with Azonic double wall barz.
Azonic also makes a universal kit for their double walls if you don't want to spend the cash on new triple clamps.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.