Skid Plate - WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • kywr450r

Posted April 15, 2003 - 06:40 AM

Has anyone found a skidplate for a WR450 that provides adequate protection and is; a) not too heavey :D is simple to install without any modifications and c) is relatively easy to clean out?

The underside of my bike took a big hit on a rock last weekend and came within a few hundreths of an inch of doing some serious damage :). Any vendor contact information and user feedback will be greatly appreciated.

• ddialogue

Posted April 15, 2003 - 06:43 AM

I really like the Utah Sport Cycle skid plate. Mondo protection and only adds about a pound over the stock junk. Excellent fit and can take a major hit. I'll take the extra weight for the extra protection anyday. :)

• Jonesy920

Posted April 15, 2003 - 08:41 AM

I love the one I got from BRP. . I couldn't justify the extra $$ to look cool with a carbon fiber unit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr250rr

Posted April 15, 2003 - 12:22 PM

I use an E-line carbon fiber. Its light and strong.

• SMD

Posted April 15, 2003 - 01:21 PM

Ditto on the E-Line........ :thumbsup:to Kevin.

• jackalope

Posted April 15, 2003 - 05:12 PM

BRP makes a good one. Good shark fins too and really cool guys on top of it all! Check 'em out at BRP :)

• foursmoke

Posted April 15, 2003 - 05:31 PM

Ditto on the E-line. Carbon/KEVLAR, very strong and cool :) I think $130 on a very strong skid plate to protect the engine on my $6000 bike is justification enough for me. Whats worth protecting more than your powerplant besides yourself. Thats what condoms are for :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.