Another Jetting Question WR450F

10 replies to this topic
  • bbarer

Posted April 15, 2003 - 05:34 AM

I am waiting for my new WR450F due in this week. If I remove the airbox baffle, replace the exhaust baffle with the Yamaha GYTR one, cut the throttle stop and gray wire. do I need to rejet as well. I am just south of Boston at about sea level. I read the article on offroad.com and it didn't mention rejetting. What do you guys think. If I need jets I want to get them the same day I pick up the bike and get the mods done all at once.

• beezer

Posted April 15, 2003 - 05:51 AM

I would do it all at once.

I would also get the PRO MOTO baffle, they are a board sponsor.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 15, 2003 - 09:45 AM

I did mine all at once before it was ever run and I have had no problems or woodruff key issues. :)

• bbarer

Posted April 16, 2003 - 02:59 AM

Thanks, guys but what I really need to know is will I need to do any jetting mods as well? :)

• ralphfurley

Posted April 16, 2003 - 06:45 AM

I am also at sea level. (SF Bay Area Calif.)
I've done the PMB insert, grey wire, throttle stop cut, air box lid mods.
My stock jetting seems fine.
The dealer did the woodruff key before I took delivery
I have 100 miles on the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 17, 2003 - 02:47 AM

I think you will want to increase to a 72 starter jet , 155 main and raise your needle to clip #5 if you uncork it from stock with vortex baffle or wide open. Get a Zip -Ty fuel screw. :)

• bbarer

Posted April 17, 2003 - 07:37 AM

Thanks, What does the Zip-Ty fuel screw do that the stock doesn't?

• FNG241_WR450F

Posted April 17, 2003 - 09:01 AM

I just installed my zip-ty fuel screw. It makes adjusting your fuel screw 100x easier. No tiny screwdriver needed. No fumbling with tools when you have your gloves on.

• Lon13

Posted April 17, 2003 - 12:43 PM

Get the pro moto insert. I just got my GYT insert and it took about a month. They said they are back-ordered untill the end of june. The pro moto looks better and is probably lighter. You will need a 160 main and a 48 pilot to start. These bikes are monster lean stock. The Zip-ty screw makes trailside adjustments a snap. One thing though, the screw is 19.95, shipping is almost 10.00! :)

• Jim_Patterson

Posted April 17, 2003 - 01:14 PM

I agree, 160 & 48 work good for me in Michigan. I'm using the GYT insert most of the time. I'm going to ride some this weekend with the GYT insert out to see how it runs that way.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted April 17, 2003 - 01:15 PM

I agree, 160 & 48 work good for me in Michigan. I'm using the GYT insert most of the time. I'm going to ride some this weekend with the GYT insert out to see how it runs that way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.