YZ426 Jetting

3 replies to this topic
  • James_Dean

Posted May 27, 2000 - 08:10 AM

What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks
James Dean

• Freewhitewolf

Posted June 02, 2000 - 08:04 PM

I have a 2000 YZF426.Regardless of altitude when i rip on the gas,my bike sputters a little bit, but low and mid range are great.does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?

Originally posted by James Dean:
What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks
James Dean

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Airastro

Posted June 02, 2000 - 08:36 PM

I also have a YZ 426, and am running an aftermarket pipe ( FMF). I am 1 step richer on both the main and pilot. I have played w/ the fuel screw from 1 1/2 to 3 turns out. When you rollthe throtle on it runs great, but if you rip the throtle from very low rpm, I get the stumble at at times it will evn kill it. This only happens with rpm's near idle. I am still experimenting with this last little glitch. I am riding in So Ca so the tracks are basically sea level

• MxGuy

Posted June 03, 2000 - 08:39 AM

I just turned up the idle a bit more that way my 426 isn't quite so easy to stall when bogging through a tight situation. The higher idle gives the gear a little more power and keeps it running and also doesn't bog as much cuz the rpm's are already up a bit more. Just my oppion.. but works good for me.
Jody, Ontario, Canada

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.