Getting out spark plug?

5 replies to this topic
  • Rea666

Posted October 14, 2009 - 04:29 AM

How to get out the spark plug without original wrench? Any idea if it's possible and could you recommend what i can use? Thanks

• byggd

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:10 AM

I use a 5/8 plug socket with a built in universal joint and about a 6” extension

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:15 AM

5/8 plug socket and a 3/8" wobble extension.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reedus

Posted October 14, 2009 - 01:57 PM

I used a 5/8 spark plug socket with the small extension. Loosen the plug, then pull out the extension leaving the socket and plug in the cylinder head. Then I insert my telescoping pencil magnet and fetch out the spark plug and socket

• dustin63933

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:43 PM

If your socket or anything ever falls in there and you can't retrieve it a good thing to do would be to blow compressed air in the weep hole.

Also you can use the sparkplug cap to retrieve the sparkplug.
Just a little bit of useless information.

• Parx_400

Posted October 14, 2009 - 09:20 PM

Take the valve cover off. Makes it much easier.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.