How to install scott oil filter

2 replies to this topic
  • Paul

Posted March 30, 2001 - 06:54 PM

I have an 01 wr 426, i ordered the scott oil filter for it. when changing oil filters i noticed that the scott filter does not have the holes to seat on the rubber nipples that the stock one uses. what should i do?
the scott wont seat with these here.

thanx,
Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted March 31, 2001 - 10:00 PM

Hey Paul I have installed the SCOTTS OIL FILTER on my 01 WR426 You do not need the blue rubber, I called SCOTTS and they said that its only used for a spacer on the stock unit. Hope that helps. Any questions just call SCOOTS their very helpful. Raid Safe and Ride Often

• Boit

Posted April 02, 2001 - 05:27 AM

Does your Scott's filter have a rather wide black rubber gasket("O" ring) that fits on the cover-end of the filter? I use a touch of assembly lube grease to hold it in place when I slip the cover on...plus....I have the bike leaned way over to the left to help keep the filter in place as I replace the cover. I put a large eye-bolt in my garage celing joist and then hook a tie-down from there to my handlebar crossbeam. This also keeps excess oil from running down the engine case when I remove the filter cover. Works for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.