Trials tire

3 replies to this topic
  • Jeff_Steckline

Posted October 13, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Can anyone recommend a good trials tire for Enduros and trail riding in the N. California type area. I have a 18" rear, will a heavy duty tube do the trick? Do I need to shove a extra half tube in to compinsate for the low psi? Thanks, Jeff S

• sierrarider

Posted October 13, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Pirelli MT-43 has stiffer sidewalls than the rest and is a good choice. I will be running mine with the TuBliss tire insert

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ASternad

Posted October 13, 2009 - 05:22 PM

Dunlop 803 lose their center knobs quick on the hwy, but have worked well for me @ 12psi. Downhill braking is exciting.

• SXP

Posted October 13, 2009 - 05:29 PM

A second vote for the Pirelli MT-43. The center knobs don't chunk at hwy speeds (they are a DOT rated tire). I run them at 8 psi with a Bridgestone ultra heavy duty tube. Have them on two of my WRs and they are now my rear tire of choice.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.