Is 2010 YZF450 borrowed from Husaberg

33 replies to this topic
  • wild west al

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:22 AM

i think ,in usual european fashion,Husaberg designed thier engine to be a right hand drive chain and then got confused thying to fit it in a chassis so they turned it over .LOL mywifefartstoo.

• Ga426owner

Posted October 14, 2009 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image

NTSA ......agree 100%.....and my wife farts too:p

• mywifefarts

Posted October 14, 2009 - 12:56 PM

NTSA ......agree 100%.....and my wife farts too:p

:bonk: Thanks people. I'm glad I'm not alone!!!:bonk:

• jayh300

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:30 PM

:bonk: Thanks people. I'm glad I'm not alone!!!:bonk:

oh no... you are not alone..
mine does to and so does the daughter......

• jeffro667

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:41 PM

The only thing I can see that Yamaha did similarly to the Berg is to add weight, but I doubt that it will be the porker that the Berg is. Yes, before you ask, I did own one [briefly].

• motocrotts

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:20 PM

I agree, which is why I don't get where this "Yamaha copied Husaberg" crap keeps coming from.

Posted Image
09 Husaberg 450

Posted Image
10 YZ 450

How are they even close to similar???

Go back and look at the Cannondale. I think Yamaha copied the first piano too. That's what the far east does. Copy.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hater. . .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJRace

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:45 PM

I think the whole concept here is that yamaha is the first to make a radically different japanese MX bike since the YZ400F came out. But is any of it radically new and created by Yamaha? No, not at all. Canondale did the EFI, the reverse intake track, Husaberg has played with stacking trannies, angles of the head, what ever. Nothing yamaha has done is a new concept, but it is a new bike for them for sure.

still cannot wait for the shootouts! Just remember the KX450f won most all them last year and it was the heaviest bike out there! Now in its second year, same with the CRF450 revised, the new YZ, the NEW Japanese feeling KTMs, and well suzuki who I can guess will be leading the anchor charge, it will be fun reading!

• motocrotts

Posted October 14, 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hater. . .

Am I wrong?:bonk:

• FinchFan194

Posted October 14, 2009 - 08:19 PM

What kind of bike do you own motocrotts? Maybe I will go to that forum to bash on it. Thats all you are doing here.

• cowboyona426

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:46 AM

Go back and look at the Cannondale. I think Yamaha copied the first piano too. That's what the far east does. Copy.

Posted Image
Cannondale

Posted Image
Yamaha

Hmmm... don't look very similar to me. Cylinder moved back on the 'Dale? Sure. But angled back like the YZ? From the photo (best I could find in a quick Google search) it actually appears to be canted forward slightly.
Again... nobody is going to deny that Cannondale did the flipped intake/exhaust track before the YZ 450. But... they couldn't make it work. At least not reliably.

• motocrotts

Posted October 15, 2009 - 07:20 AM

What kind of bike do you own motocrotts? Maybe I will go to that forum to bash on it. Thats all you are doing here.

Sorry, 08 yz 450, 3rd Yamaha I've owned. You can still buy the Cannondale only it's called a ATK. I'm sure the new Yammi will be a great bike. I was just a little disappointed after all the hoopla and this is what we get. I just rode a new berg this weekend and unless something magic happens I'll be on one in 2011. I'll leave now and go over to the Harly forum. Long live the blue piano.

• grayracer513

Posted October 15, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Am I wrong?:bonk:

Yes..

• Ga426owner

Posted October 15, 2009 - 10:36 AM

My wife farts conversation is more interesting than this crap again......:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.