Off Road Brake Pedal?

6 replies to this topic
  • rideawn

Posted October 13, 2009 - 07:25 AM

Is there an aftermarket rear brake pedal more durable for off road riding? I bent my rear brake pedal coming down a rock water fall on my last ride. It went into my clutch cover and ended my day. Luckily only a crack so I could ride back to the truck. I could simply straighten the stock pedal and continue use, but this is the second time this has happened and I want to avoid in the future. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2009 - 08:01 AM

Are you familiar with what a "brake snake" is?

• cowboyona426

Posted October 13, 2009 - 08:44 AM

How would a brake snake keep him from smashing the pedal into the clutch cover? All the brake snakes I've seen are cables that prevent it from getting bent outward.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2009 - 09:14 AM

How would a brake snake keep him from smashing the pedal into the clutch cover? All the brake snakes I've seen are cables that prevent it from getting bent outward.

And/or upward. I didn't see the damage, but many times when stuff like this has happened to me, had the pedal not been turned up and rolled in, it wouldn't have hurt the case as much.

Another approach is to attach a flat plate to the backside of the lever to increase the area on which the pedal would bear against the case if pushed straight in.

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 13, 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hammerhead makes great pedals, hinged, comes with the brake snake...
Pricey though, but will last...

• rideawn

Posted October 15, 2009 - 06:28 AM

Thanks. I will look into these options!

• Hoosier-Daddy

Posted July 24, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Dug this up on a search. Bent my pedal out today on a chunk of wood. What is the best anchoring point on a 09 450? Had a brake snake sitting at home waiting to be installed. I'm thinking about taking the pedal off and lightly heating it and attempting to straighten to save 85 bucks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.