will a 2002 yz426f rear wheel fit my 2001 wr426f?

5 replies to this topic
  • bakeyz426f

Posted October 12, 2009 - 04:05 PM

wondering if the 02 yz426 rear wheel will fit my 2001 wr426f? do i need the 2002 spacer as well? also should your rear wheel spin freely without much resistance when you turn it while the bike is on a stand?

• Dano426

Posted October 13, 2009 - 05:30 AM

The wheel should bolt right on. I don't think you need the 02 spacers, but I have always tried to keep the original spacers with the wheel

Yes with out the chain on, the wheel should "freely". If not you will need to check your bearings.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 13, 2009 - 07:42 AM

The wheel should bolt right on. I don't think you need the 02 spacers, but I have always tried to keep the original spacers with the wheel

Yes with out the chain on, the wheel should "freely". If not you will need to check your bearings.

the chain is on. is it normal for it to not spin while its on

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mongial

Posted October 20, 2009 - 12:36 PM

It should still spin with the chain on and the bike in Neutral
Also the YZ wheel is 19", compared to the WR being 18", so you can't swap tires between the two.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 20, 2009 - 03:48 PM

its spins but not a lot in neutral with the chain on is that normal?

• matt4x4

Posted October 21, 2009 - 06:09 AM

if you have an oring chain it'll add a lot of resistance - pop the master link off - drop the chain off and spin it for a better result.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.