07 rebuild and performance upgrades (with pics)

64 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted October 25, 2009 - 02:23 PM

What are you running for jets/settings now?

• tribalbc

Posted October 25, 2009 - 02:59 PM

What are you running for jets/settings now?

45 pilot
fuel screw varies with temp and elevation
GYTR needle 3rd or 4th clip (can't remember)
168 main

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted October 25, 2009 - 08:34 PM

for truly hot starts, try just a 1/4 twist of throttle or less, along with the hot-start lever. Mine starts fine when truly hot, at pretty much any elevation. More than 1/4 throttle twist would probably prevent it from starting though. I'm guessing two twists is just overkill and it doesn't start because it's getting flooded. You might want to hold the button for an extra second too, it seems to help by holding it a bit longer.

• chiefster1976

Posted March 18, 2011 - 03:25 PM

Just hope you can clear this one up!!. Isnt it better to run as higher octane fuel as possible(say 98 octane i think it is from BP) or have people been telling me porkies that you need to go as high as possible with octane to get the best out of the engine?? :thumbsup:

• tribalbc

Posted March 18, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Just hope you can clear this one up!!. Isnt it better to run as higher octane fuel as possible(say 98 octane i think it is from BP) or have people been telling me porkies that you need to go as high as possible with octane to get the best out of the engine?? :bonk:

The most power comes from running as low of octane as you can wthout detonation.
Unmodded bikes, 91 is fine :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.