i stripped a hex bolt to my rear frame help!!

2 replies to this topic
  • bakeyz426f

Posted October 12, 2009 - 09:44 AM

im trying to remove my rear frame to get my rear shock absorber out. i couldnt get the bolt out.:bonk: its in there tight and i was smacking my rachet to try to get it to loosen up but i ended up rounding the hex head out.:bonk: should i drill the bolt head off or try an easy out? is it even necessary to remove the rear frame to get to the rear shock and remove it. the threads on the bolt are only an inch long and i can see the threads on the other side of the bolt sticking out. your help is much appreciated. thanks:worthy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bakeyz426f

Posted October 12, 2009 - 09:45 AM

its a 2001 wr426f

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 12, 2009 - 03:59 PM

:bonk: never mind i got it out with a hammer and chisel

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.