Electric start yz two stroke

28 replies to this topic
  • G-forcer

Posted October 11, 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hi ! Is there anyways or any kits that you could put an electric starter on YZ250 two-stroke ?

Thanks !!

• 2000 xr650r

Posted October 11, 2009 - 12:34 PM

I dont belive so. There would be no demand for such a thing.

• jhard527

Posted October 11, 2009 - 12:53 PM

As much as the YZ is used as a platform for off-road, they'd sell some reasonably priced kits if produced.

• USED YZ426F

Posted October 11, 2009 - 01:03 PM

Don't know of any and an aftermarket kit would probably be pretty pricey, and thereby not sell very many units. There would be a lot of engineering and fabrication involved in making one work.

• 97 Polaris Ultra SPX

Posted October 11, 2009 - 01:10 PM

Why would you need electric start? Most two strokes are 1-2 kicks to get it started.

• milkman93

Posted October 11, 2009 - 01:28 PM

Yeah but it would be better not to kick so your kickstarter doesn't snap off

• ac717

Posted October 11, 2009 - 02:49 PM

If you look at a ktm-it basically turns the flywheel. If you took a ktm unit and machined mounts and made an ignition cover, ring gear for the flywheel-it should work. I would mount the battery under a sid plate-like one of the small e-batts. If you build one-guaranteed someone else would want one. Alot of people really like electric start. I like it,but have yet, to have a need for it.

• mauricedorris

Posted October 11, 2009 - 04:11 PM

Hi ! Is there anyways or any kits that you could put an electric starter on YZ250 two-stroke ?

Thanks !!

No e-start kits for the yz that I know of. If there was such a thing, I'd have it already!

Get yourself a rekluse pro for $600. That way, once you start it, it doesn't shut off. You won't need etart if the bike is already running.

• bucky5000

Posted October 14, 2009 - 01:12 PM

No e-start kits for the yz that I know of. If there was such a thing, I'd have it already!

Get yourself a rekluse pro for $600. That way, once you start it, it doesn't shut off. You won't need etart if the bike is already running.

the bike will idle till you shut it off or it runs out of gas. so why would u pay 600 for that.

• bikedude127

Posted October 14, 2009 - 01:20 PM

the bike will idle till you shut it off or it runs out of gas. so why would u pay 600 for that.

Ever hear a kill switch? :bonk:

TT is so funny sometimes... :bonk:

• llamaface

Posted October 14, 2009 - 01:31 PM

I think most of the old people and pansies already bought ktm's. Can't be too much of a market for estart on yz's left.

If stalling is an issue, then i would either get a rekluse, or learn to ride better. If starting the bike once a ride is too hard...... then i don't know what to say. Join the old guys and pansies on ktm's or 4strokes. :bonk:

• Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted October 14, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Electric start and a automatic clutch, I think Yamaha calls it a FJR1300AE..............

• rusky

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:10 PM

There really is no reason to have e-start on a yz. Would be a cool option though!

Till then, and probably after the fact, I'll just keep kicking mine.

• jfgjr

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:23 PM

I wish I could make that happen with the Rekluse. My bike dies the second it hits the ground. Gonna do some jetting this weekend since I have a new topend, freshly packed silencer etc:banana: :bonk:

• mauricedorris

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:47 PM

I wish I could make that happen with the Rekluse. My bike dies the second it hits the ground. Gonna do some jetting this weekend since I have a new topend, freshly packed silencer etc:banana: :bonk:

so stop hitting the ground!

but the next time you do, if you just look to your right, I'll be right there!

• mauricedorris

Posted October 14, 2009 - 02:49 PM

Well... not all of us are pro level riders with amazing clutch control in technical offroad terrain. (and also time to post on message boards).

the rest of us... we like the Rekluse to help us out.

• shrubitup

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:00 PM

Well... not all of us are pro level riders with amazing clutch control in technical offroad terrain. (and also time to post on message boards).

the rest of us... we like the Rekluse to help us out.

It's not that were imbecile riders or that we can't even feather the clutch on our own. Oh no, it gets better than that. IMO, the Rekluse makes the bike produce more torque (or allows me to access it better) than without. Add to that, the confidence level increases. Energy is conserved since you can concentrate on riding not keeping the bike idling during a brake slide or trials like terrain climbs. :bonk: Granted, a FWW would do some of this but nowhere near as well as this cheater mod. I agree, $600 is a steep price but I'd buy one again if my next bike is stall prone. I'll outlay cash for a E-line coil some day too but would not buy an e-start kit if ever available.

• jfgjr

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:08 PM

It's not that were imbecile riders or that we can't even feather the clutch on our own. Oh no, it gets better than that. IMO, the Rekluse makes the bike produce more torque (or allows me to access it better) than without. Add to that, the confidence level increases. Energy is conserved since you can concentrate on riding not keeping the bike idling during a brake slide or trials like terrain climbs. :bonk: Granted, a FWW would do some of this but nowhere near as well as this cheater mod. I agree, $600 is a steep price but I'd buy one again if my next bike is stall prone. I'll outlay cash for a E-line coil some day too but would not buy an e-start kit if ever available.

Yeah, radical brake slides! Just jam that rear brake and never worry about stalling.....fun stuff. As a side note I recently rode one of my bikes wihout a Rekluse. I actually used the clucth way more than before because the Rekluse shows you the importance of using the clutch in tough terrain. At least that what I observed:excuseme: I think we are offfically OFF TOPIC now.

• nuudle8

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:37 PM

I think most of the old people and pansies already bought ktm's. Can't be too much of a market for estart on yz's left.

If stalling is an issue, then i would either get a rekluse, or learn to ride better. If starting the bike once a ride is too hard...... then i don't know what to say. Join the old guys and pansies on ktm's or 4strokes. :bonk:

I would love to have an e-start on my YZ250, I'm not very tall, not so young anymore and have a bad right knee and for those reasons I'm tempted to go back to a KTM or a 4 stroke.:bonk:

• jfgjr

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:43 PM

I would love to have an e-start on my YZ250, I'm not very tall, not so young anymore and have a bad right knee and for those reasons I'm tempted to go back to a KTM or a 4 stroke.:bonk:

You got a few years on me but I am 5'4" with a 27" inseam, bad knee etc. I hear what you are saying loud and clear. If you have not tried a Rekluse you may want to check that out. When jetted right you drop the bike, pick it up and ride away:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

the irreplaceable carb gasket/oring by Hutch1

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • Hot  45 replies
Forums
Photo

yz 250 Front End Woes... by aled

• Hot  42 replies
Forums
Photo

85 or 150? by drzrider04

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

brand new bike hell 2012 yz 250 by azyz250

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

06 yz125 won't start by 06yz125rider

• 18 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.