Electric start yz two stroke

If you look at a ktm-it basically turns the flywheel. If you took a ktm unit and machined mounts and made an ignition cover, ring gear for the flywheel-it should work. I would mount the battery under a sid plate-like one of the small e-batts. If you build one-guaranteed someone else would want one. Alot of people really like electric start. I like it,but have yet, to have a need for it.

Hi ! Is there anyways or any kits that you could put an electric starter on YZ250 two-stroke ?

Thanks !!

No e-start kits for the yz that I know of. If there was such a thing, I'd have it already!

Get yourself a rekluse pro for $600. That way, once you start it, it doesn't shut off. You won't need etart if the bike is already running.

No e-start kits for the yz that I know of. If there was such a thing, I'd have it already!

Get yourself a rekluse pro for $600. That way, once you start it, it doesn't shut off. You won't need etart if the bike is already running.

the bike will idle till you shut it off or it runs out of gas. so why would u pay 600 for that.

I think most of the old people and pansies already bought ktm's. Can't be too much of a market for estart on yz's left.

If stalling is an issue, then i would either get a rekluse, or learn to ride better. If starting the bike once a ride is too hard...... then i don't know what to say. Join the old guys and pansies on ktm's or 4strokes. :bonk:

• Like 1

I wish I could make that happen with the Rekluse. My bike dies the second it hits the ground. Gonna do some jetting this weekend since I have a new topend, freshly packed silencer etc:banana: :bonk:

I wish I could make that happen with the Rekluse. My bike dies the second it hits the ground. Gonna do some jetting this weekend since I have a new topend, freshly packed silencer etc:banana: :bonk:

so stop hitting the ground!

but the next time you do, if you just look to your right, I'll be right there!

Well... not all of us are pro level riders with amazing clutch control in technical offroad terrain. (and also time to post on message boards).

the rest of us... we like the Rekluse to help us out.

It's not that were imbecile riders or that we can't even feather the clutch on our own. Oh no, it gets better than that. IMO, the Rekluse makes the bike produce more torque (or allows me to access it better) than without. Add to that, the confidence level increases. Energy is conserved since you can concentrate on riding not keeping the bike idling during a brake slide or trials like terrain climbs. :bonk: Granted, a FWW would do some of this but nowhere near as well as this cheater mod. I agree, $600 is a steep price but I'd buy one again if my next bike is stall prone. I'll outlay cash for a E-line coil some day too but would not buy an e-start kit if ever available.

It's not that were imbecile riders or that we can't even feather the clutch on our own. Oh no, it gets better than that. IMO, the Rekluse makes the bike produce more torque (or allows me to access it better) than without. Add to that, the confidence level increases. Energy is conserved since you can concentrate on riding not keeping the bike idling during a brake slide or trials like terrain climbs. :bonk: Granted, a FWW would do some of this but nowhere near as well as this cheater mod. I agree, $600 is a steep price but I'd buy one again if my next bike is stall prone. I'll outlay cash for a E-line coil some day too but would not buy an e-start kit if ever available.

Yeah, radical brake slides! Just jam that rear brake and never worry about stalling.....fun stuff. As a side note I recently rode one of my bikes wihout a Rekluse. I actually used the clucth way more than before because the Rekluse shows you the importance of using the clutch in tough terrain. At least that what I observed:excuseme: I think we are offfically OFF TOPIC now.

I think most of the old people and pansies already bought ktm's. Can't be too much of a market for estart on yz's left.

If stalling is an issue, then i would either get a rekluse, or learn to ride better. If starting the bike once a ride is too hard...... then i don't know what to say. Join the old guys and pansies on ktm's or 4strokes. :bonk:

I would love to have an e-start on my YZ250, I'm not very tall, not so young anymore and have a bad right knee and for those reasons I'm tempted to go back to a KTM or a 4 stroke.:bonk:

I would love to have an e-start on my YZ250, I'm not very tall, not so young anymore and have a bad right knee and for those reasons I'm tempted to go back to a KTM or a 4 stroke.:bonk:

You got a few years on me but I am 5'4" with a 27" inseam, bad knee etc. I hear what you are saying loud and clear. If you have not tried a Rekluse you may want to check that out. When jetted right you drop the bike, pick it up and ride away:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1