YZ or WR

6 replies to this topic
  • Wilbz

Posted October 11, 2009 - 12:18 AM

Hi there, Ive been offered a really cheap bike, but am unsure of what model it is. I think its a YZ but have been told its a WR. I have got the first few digits of the VIN they are: JYACJO1C61A###### ... Can any one help please??

• stubbzie KLX300

Posted October 11, 2009 - 12:29 AM

mate, u either buy it or u dont. if its cheap its probs got huge problems. check if it has electrics. chances are if it does have electrics its a wr. if not. an old yz

• Polar_Bus

Posted October 11, 2009 - 04:37 AM

Hi there, Ive been offered a really cheap bike, but am unsure of what model it is. I think its a YZ but have been told its a WR. I have got the first few digits of the VIN they are: JYACJO1C61A###### ... Can any one help please??

Strike #1 is buying a "cheap" bike you know absolutely nothing about.

Strike #2 is buying a bike from a seller who knows absolutely nothing about the bike becuase it's STOLEN....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted October 11, 2009 - 07:10 AM

Does it have a headlight?

• Wilbz

Posted October 12, 2009 - 02:24 AM

Na it doesn't have a head light.. Thats why I'm guessing its a YZ... and no it's not stolen, i'ts currently got rec rego on it in the fellas name. He has had it for 5 years and it absolutely fangs. He wants out of the riding scene for some reason and was never a hard core bike rider to start with. So basically, a 2002 bike in bloody good cosmetic condition with no rattles or bangs engine wise for $1900 sounds pretty good to me..

• grayracer513

Posted October 12, 2009 - 06:17 AM

So basically, a 2002 bike in bloody good cosmetic condition with no rattles or bangs engine wise for $1900 sounds pretty good to me..

According to the VIN, it's an '01 (tenth character).

• 02WR426Cali

Posted October 12, 2009 - 06:25 AM

Check behing the number plate and see if there is a elec. plug/ socket for the headlight, also check the rear wheel: 18" most likely WR, 19" most likely YZ I say most likely because you can obviously change these. Check on the right side of the front axle, does it have a spacer or a black plastic thing where the odometer screwed into? Does it have a kickstand? or even a mount where the stand used to be behind the left footpeg? How about a coolent catch tank behind the left side panel? These are all easy things that seperate the two bikes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.