01 wr 426 timing

2 replies to this topic
  • 426RIDER01

Posted October 10, 2009 - 09:48 AM

Im puttin a new timing chain in my wr 426 and im not sure how to align the timing marks, could i get some help? please i want to ride so bad!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskyrider

Posted October 10, 2009 - 06:58 PM

Im puttin a new timing chain in my wr 426 and im not sure how to align the timing marks, could i get some help? please i want to ride so bad!

Go to Garrett's (motoman 393) website in the fallen rider forum. It's hosted by ThumperTalk. You should find out how to retime it to either WR or YZ timing in his technical section.

Garrett, we'll always love you, and it's AWESOME how your still helping members!!!

See ya,
Kelly

• pablo83

Posted October 12, 2009 - 08:42 PM

align the punch marks with the top of the cylinder head cover. Use the one next to the "E" on the exhaust cam and the "I" on the intake cam.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.