BEND?

9 replies to this topic
  • Sully

Posted May 17, 2000 - 06:27 PM

HEY out there I was wondering if any one six foot or over could tell me what kind of handle bars you use with a certain type of bends like Jimmy Buttons or Doug Henrys does it work for you or do you just like the replacment for stock>?

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 17, 2000 - 08:34 PM

I'm running Answer Pro-tapers with the "CR-HI" bend. I was going to get the Doug Henry bend buy these are VERY close and the price was right. The bars REALLY help open the bike up for us tall guys. I also installed the Scott's triple Clamps that move the bars forward 12mm and tall seat foam. I really makes it easy to go from sitting to standing.

Get the Pro Taper Henry bend, I think you'll be happy.

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• Airastro

Posted May 17, 2000 - 09:07 PM

Sully,

I am the same height, and I am running the Renthal Twin-Wall Windham bend. The Pro Tapers are alot more forgiving and less arm pump than the Renthal's. I just couldnt get used to no cross bar when I had them on my last bike ( just a head trip on my part. The Henry bend in the pro tapers seems to be the hot set up for guys our height.

• YZFWrench

Posted May 18, 2000 - 02:54 AM

I had the Button Renthals until I got the Scotts steering stab/triple clamp/Pro Taper combo and felt the Button bars would have been great with a taller seat. I have the same Pro Taper bend as Chris and find it works better than any Renthal bend I've used. I still plan to get a taller seat from Stroker.

Phil
'00 YZ426

• Thumper448

Posted May 18, 2000 - 03:24 AM

Gents,

Renthal now makes a "Honda High" bend Twinwall. I changed to them from Pro-Taper "CR-HI" when I picked up my Renthal sponsorship this year. They felt exactly the same when I switched. I have less arm pump after switching to the Twinwalls although if the bars are the reason or not.

Stace

------------------
Pretty fly for a fat guy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper448

Posted May 18, 2000 - 03:25 AM

That should say I don't know if the bars are the reason or not.

------------------
Pretty fly for a fat guy!

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 18, 2000 - 06:56 AM

Are the Button bends higher than the CR-hi/Henry bends?

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• YZFWrench

Posted May 18, 2000 - 03:56 PM

Yes! I don't think anything short of a quad bend is taller than the Button bars. :)

Phil
'00 YZ426

• Matt_Porritt

Posted May 19, 2000 - 12:53 AM

I run a CR hi.. well I ordered a CR hi and it looks identical when along side the stockers.
The Buttons are also high..
I run a Vortex topclamp with the clamps all the way forward and they're about 10mm higher before the heigt of the bar.
If you're interested in a topclamp/taper combo let me know.
Mine maybe for sale and I'm also a Scotts dealer so I maybe able to do you a deal.

Let me know via email if interested.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Bill

Posted May 24, 2000 - 12:20 PM

If you go to Renthals web site they have a list of all of their bars and the specifications.

I just installed the Button highs...feels great in the garage...haven't riden yet.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat/brick.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.