Exhaust and jetting 2003 WR 450

2 replies to this topic
  • bluerider36

Posted October 09, 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have a 2003 WR 450 I took the guts out of the stock pipe and put on pro moto billet end cap when I took the carb off to look at the main jet size it had a 170 main and 48 pilot with this set up it had a big flat spot about mid throttle and I was more than 3 turns out on fuel mixture and could'nt tune out the flat spot, I went with a 155 main and left the 48 pilot seemed to help quite a bit sounds much better and response is crisp. does this sound about right? anyone know?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted October 10, 2009 - 02:45 AM

First....go here:

Second, I'd say a 170 main would be to much, yes, but a 155 sounds pretty small. I would try a 160, then a 165 and see which is best. You also have to consider your needle and what clip the needle is in. It all works together....
As a example, I have a 04, with hot cams, all free mods, and FMF, in eastern Canada at sea level, and I am running a 170 main, so I would have to think a 170 is to rich for your location, and bike

But your best bet is to go to that thread which is the WR jetting database as step #1

• bluerider36

Posted October 11, 2009 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for the input, I will try the 160 and 165 and see where that gets me.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.